– Advertisement –
If you have just started with Pokemon GO or are already playing the game then one aspect of the game that will surely help in progressing your character by miles is PokéCoins. PokéCoins are the in-game currency that can be purchased for real money or earned by doing several activities in the game.
While you don’t need PokeCoins to play or progress in the game, still having some will make the gameplay experience more enjoyable by allowing you to purchase items that are difficult (if not impossible) to obtain through regular gameplay. Today we are going to talk about methods via which you can earn or save money on PokeCoins.
How to get PokeCoins
Officially there are only 2 ways by which you can get PokéCoins in Pokemon Go.
1. Purchasing via real cash on the Shop
If you are looking to quickly gain some PokéCoins and don’t mind spending money then Niantic has special offers for you at the Shop.
There are 6 options available in the shop ranging from 100 PokeCoins for $1 to 14,500 PokeCoins for $100. To get to the shop just follow the following steps:
- Open the game and Tap the Pokéball icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click on the Shop.
- Scroll down until you reach the PokéCoins sections.
- Select the coins bundle you want to purchase and then proceed with the steps shown further on the screen.
- The above steps are common for both iOS and Android versions of the game.
2. Spending time in-game
If you don’t like spending money on virtual items or don’t want to spend money on progression-specific items, then this method is specially made for you. The only way of earning PokéCoins for free is by leaving your Pokémon to defend your team’s gyms. That’s right, for every 10 minutes your spend defending a gym, you could potentially earn one PokéCoin.
The only drawback of this method is that you receive a payout only after your Pokémon is knocked out of the gym. You can get a maximum of 50 PokéCoins for free daily via this method i.e. 8 hours or 480 minutes daily will earn you 50 coins. To defend a gym simply follow the steps below:
1. Tap the gym that’s the same color as your team.
2. Click on the Pokeball icon with a plus sign at the right bottom.
3. Now your Pokémon storage will open up.
4. Select the Pokémon you want to leave in the gym.
Before selecting a Pokémon from your storage remember that…
- There can’t be two of the same Pokémon in a gym
- You’ll only be able to put Pokémon who are at full health into a Gym
- Gyms hold a maximum of six Pokémon
- Select Pokémon with high defense stat
- Select a low-traffic area Gym.
– Advertisement –